Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Anime introduction

Our history with anime goes back to our childhood, thanks to Spacetoon (TV channel for animations dubbed in Arabic). Though we didn't know each other back then, we had shared loads of childhood memories. However, as we grow up we become more interested in watching movies and tv series, stuff with real people. That's what happened to me, but it all started again in the summer of 2010. 
      It was our first Summer vacation during college. I used to take that boring AutoCAD course. It was a two-week course. It started at 1 pm and lasted for 3 hours, the hottest 3 hours, and I had to go all week days. It was torture! I hated it! On my way back home, on my last day, I was the happiest girl on Earth. I mean it! In that occasion, I felt like doing something different. I don't know why, but I felt like watching Slam Dunk. Slam dunk is an anime about basketball I used to watch on Spacetoon and I loved it; I'll review it later. So, I searched for the first episode, dubbed in Arabic like how I used to watch it. I started watching it and I was really enjoying myself. On the side of the page there was among the related videos the same episode in Japanese with english subtitles. I can't remember why I opened that video and wathched the Japanese version, but I am glad I did. I started watching it in Japanese and i was like "This isn't bad!". The voices were kind of similar. I wasn't irritated by the new language. Actually, I liked it. I decided to complete Slam Dunk in its original language, thinking that there would be more episodes. There wasn't, but that's how it all started. :)
                                                                                                  
                                                   Yosra =)

No comments:

Post a Comment