Friday, December 12, 2014

The promise I broke! - Life of an unemployed architect!

      I remember that, on a former post, we promised that no day would pass without at least a new post. That teaches me if anything to never make promises again! It’s not like that I am bored with the blog or anything. It's just that there's nothing new to write about! (Well, that was a complete lie). Let's see, it's not like that I have watched a new Japanese drama, and read three new books, or watched a new anime movie since then. Okay! I admit it! I am bored! Nothing can make me say I want to go back to the never ending Architectural Design or Building Construction lectures. Nothing, absolutely, can make me say I want to go back to those sleepless nights. I remember those days with a shudder! However, unemployed life is boring too. It makes you start to think about your purpose in life and if you're any good or of any use, and the answer you come to is "No!"

   








       The thing is I thought once I am done with college, a door to all my dreams will open. I can learn and do everything else I wanted to, since architecture was not exactly part of the plan. It's just something that happened and I don't know to the moment if I should regret it or not. I am one of those who believes that everything happens for a reason, and I'm still waiting for that reason.  And, it's not like architecture and college were the end of the world. I can still learn new stuff, right? The possibility is there, the motive is there and the capability is there, but the will went somewhere far and never came back.

      I discovered the MOOC thing a month ago or even before that, and I thought that was it! I can learn anything, get an exam and even a certificate, from home. It's not like I'm not bored with the comfort of home already, but I don't drive, and where I live and in this lovely country of ours, Taxis are my only option and they suck! They cost way too much, and that without the driver deciding to mess with the meter and having you pay the double, or pretend that it's not working and asks for whatever he pleases. There was that taxi that switched off the meter right before I get to my destination and asked for the double! :D See! Life is amazing when you have to use taxis for transportation. It gives you all kinds of surprises. Of course, the very awkward conversation you might get into are bonus. That's apart from the fact that they are not exactly safe. Many people reported being robbed by taxi drivers, that's apart from the kidnapping which is an option. Oh! And I forgot to mention that they don't take you wherever you want, they take you wherever they want. If your way to your destination is known to have some troublesome traffic, then your chances with finding a taxi driver that would give you the pleasure of giving you a ride are close to zero. We live in a lovely country indeed!


   








       I think that more than explained why I'd rather learn from home. It didn't work though and I have no idea why, or maybe I have. You cannot work from home! Home is for lazing around and self-indulgence. That's all there is to it.
      That's a part of the busy life I've been living in since I graduated!
      Since, I brought myself to write all that, then maybe I'll write about some of the new stuff I've watched and read. Wait for them in the next posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment