Sunday, October 5, 2014

Character of the day (9)


Character: Noguchi Hideki
Known from: Brother beat
Role: Supporting role
Age: 46
About the character: I found it unfair that I couldn't talk about Noguchi-san when I reviewed Brother Beat as drama of the week, because he wasn't a main character and I didn't want to avert from the main theme of the drama. So, here I am giving him his deserved spotlight.
Noguchi-san is Haru's boss and he has been in love with her for a long time. This made him go easy on her, she may skip shifts, leave in a hurry when needed or anything she wills to do. Of course everyone in the staff noticed, but I guess they liked them together so no one complained about the special treatment.


The whole time I pitied Nogushi, he would try desperately to express his feelings to Haru but she outsmarts him and doesn't give him the chance to.
I'd like to think of Noguchi as a father figure for Haru's sons, he was there from the start and helped their mother keep her job despite her clumsiness. You could see that they respect him and consider him a strong ally they can turn to in the time of need.



This kind of relationship between the Sakurai family and Nogushi is displayed in a fun comedy manner, which made me pity him more :D He even treated them to a vacation in an onsen (hot springs) and they gladly accepted.
Noguchi finally musters some courage and asks Haru to marry him, but as expected was turned down. He then moves to another city for his new position and the drama felt lonelier without him :/
Noguchi was played by the master Namase Katsuhisa. I find myself liking that man more and more, he's really good!



No comments:

Post a Comment