Thursday, October 30, 2014

What to do if Halloween isn't a big thing in your country!

Halloween is no big thing in Egypt and frankly I don't notice it until I see some ads of children's Halloween costumes. But now that I remember, I wanted to tell you about some things that pop into my head whenever I think of Halloween.

1. It exists in Egypt!

A couple of years ago a friend was telling me this interesting story about the celebration of Halloween in Egypt. She told me in one of Maadi's quiet streets known for its prestigious residents, they did trick or treat in Halloween, dressing up and all. I was surprised, but thought it's kind of cool as well :D Though I can't imagine myself walking in the street with any sort of costume.



2. Hocus Pocus

This is one of my favorite movies as a child :D It's about three sisters who were sentenced to death 300 years ago for the practice of magic, and are accidentally resurrected by a new boy in town.
I won't talk much about the movie, but it's a very entertaining one with loads of funny moments and adventure, and a talking cat!  ^_^



3. Sabrina, the teenage witch

Speaking of witches and talking cats, Sabrina comes to mind. I have very vague memories of watching the movie, but I remember the animated series very well and I just loved watching it.




4. Pumpkins

It's Halloween's signature! Pumpkins with scary faces carved on them.
A side note: There is this dish my family makes consisting of sweet pumpkins and bechamel and it's heavenly!! <3



5. Cinderella

When you mention pumpkins, Cinderella is right next to it. Without pumpkins she would've never made it to that life changing party!


6. New year's eve

People all over the world have costume parties in Halloween, but my family does that in New year's eve :D We've been doing that for the last couple of years and it has been loads of fun.
The good thing about that is that Halloween would provide new ideas for me to use :D


7.The nightmare before Christmas

Another Halloween movie. I've watched once and it was good, but I remember it best from the Playstation 2 game Kingdom hearts where we got to live in Jack's story.



8. Makeup can be something interesting!

Last year we discovered this Youtube channel of a makeup artist doing Halloween makeup and she was good. It made me realize that makeup can be such a powerful tool in my next costume party.



9. Casper

Who doesn't love the cute friendly ghost! Either the movie or the animated series I love both and would watch them whenever on TV.


10. Candy

The one thing that brings me down in Halloween season, is we don't get free candy everywhere we walk! But I quickly overcome that when I reward myself with any sort of sweet :D


Finally, I love using this day as an opportunity to watch scary movies and enjoy sweets (as if I need an excuse for that XD) so you might as well do.

No comments:

Post a Comment