Thursday, October 9, 2014

Song of the day (27)

Best day of my life 


Artist: American Authors
Album: Oh, What a life
Genre: Indie rock, indie folk, indie pop
Release date: March, 2013
About the song: Best day of my life is a cheerful fun song that has revolved around the world in people's special occasions :D This song is very dear to me, besides the fact that it's a great song, the first time I heard it I was at a friend's graduation ceremony. I felt overwhelmed at the time, since I was only two months away from my own graduation.The song was playing in the background as they were receiving their diplomas and having that group photo with the flying caps ^_^ I remember thinking "Wow this song is so good, I wish we could play it in our graduation ceremony. If it ever happened".


The song was well received by critics and the percussion were praised. It was written and developed by the band members who said they were inspired by African rhythms. The song was featured in TV shows like Glee and The vampire diaries. It was use in the trailers of the movies The delivery man and The secret life of Walter Mitty. The song also witnessed the coronation moment of Miss America 2015.


 The music video features a guy and a cute monster being best buddies :D They drink together at a bar, play basketball, have cool photographs ^_^



The last note I want to pinpoint is that the first few seconds felt like Imagine dragons style, but that's fine I still love the song anyway.



No comments:

Post a Comment