Tuesday, October 14, 2014

JDrama of the Week (6)



JDrama: Nobuta wo produce
Genre: School Drama
Episodes: 10
Network: NTV

                   Nobuta wo produce is a light-hearted, most enjoyable, drama. Kotani Nobuko aka Nobuta (Horikita Maki) is an introvert, with no friends. She has weak communication skills and a creepy smile. She's insecure and defenseless against bullying. Kiritani Shuji (Kamenashi Kazuya) is the cool, popular, high school guy who has the most popular girl as a girlfriend. However, it's all an act. He thinks everyone around him are childish and inferior, he only ges with the flow to have a trouble-less high school life. Kusano Akira (Yamashita Tomohisa) is completely the opposite, which explains why Shuji dislikes him the most. He's the only one he can't even pretend to be able to get along with. He's very laid back. He walks and talks in a peculiar manner, and he's always laughing. He looks like he's always drunk. Though it seems, from that, it's impossible for the two of them to cooperate at all, Nobuta makes it possible. After they both see who helpless and insecure she's they secretly decide to "produce" her as to make her the most popular girl at school. That's how the story of their friendship begins.




                 I like watching Nobuta, it was very enjoyable and funny. I liked everyone's acting. Kusano Akira is, by all means, my favorite role played by Yamashita, and, my favorite character in the drama. I've seen him in Kurosagi and Code blue, but that was the very first time, apart from acting skills, I liked his clumsy and funny but caring character. I liked Shuji less but that's not Kamenashi's fault, his acting was perfect, which why I liked him less, and Maki was fine as always. There were other interesting characters like the vice principle, nice ones like Mariko and funny ones like Shuji's family. I liked the story of their friendship. I like how it developed and I liked how their conflicts were resolved. The soundtrack for the drama was nice. I, specially, liked "Green Willow". Also the theme song "Seishun Amigo" by Yamashita and Kamenashi was very good. Don't be alarmed by the hints of fantasy or supernatural. The story doesn't revolve around them, so they don't really matter. The drama is mostly realistic. 





               Nobuta wo produce is a heart warming drama. I expected to particularly enjoy it beacuse of the many positive reviews and recommendations and it met my expectations,It was very enjoyable.

My Rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment