Thursday, August 28, 2014

Song of the day (9)

Well it's only logical for me to choose this song today :D

Those were the days




Artist: Mary Hopkin (English)/Original: Tamara Tsereteli (Georgian) & Alexander Vertinsky (Russian)
Album: It was only a single
Genre: Folk
Release date: August 1968
About the song: The original song was written by the Russian poet Konstantin Podrevskii dealing with reminiscing the old days of youth and memories of friendship. The song became very popular with its English lyrics. The song was recorded in over twenty languages by many singers and the tune is very well known worldwide.
Why I chose it: The first thought that crosses my mind is my school days, my friends and I used to love it :D Now it has this bittersweet feeling, there are too many memories attached to the song. I see my childhood, my school days and my college years. And today a girl on a harp was playing the melody as we were eating at Aya's wedding :D.Nothing's like beautiful food with beautiful music and your best friends around you <3. It's just beautiful and reminds you that life is nothing without a bunch of very good friends and companions ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment