Sunday, August 17, 2014

Song of the day

It wasn't easy to pick one, but what made it easier is that I'll get lots of opportunities to talk about all my favorites. So, this one doesn't necessarily mean it's the best, but it's among the list of special ones I like listening to :D

The Lazy Song


By: Bruno Mars
Album: Doo-Wops & Hooligans (2010)
Genre: Roots reggae
Why it's special: The title alone speaks for itself. It's a song I've played a lot while working on my projects in college, it just made me feel that I'm not alone in the world and someone even made a song about his inability to work just because he's not in the mood to. The first time I heard it I was on a car ride home during our first year as architecture students with Aya and Heba, it was 7 pm and it was a crowded day on the streets. We tuned in the radio on Nile FM and this is the song that comes up, so we start moving our heads along with the song with the windows rolled down and nice summer air hitting our faces. It was a really nice experience ^_^
Drawback: The only drawback is the "S" word which was uncalled for, I just pretend it's not there due to the discomfort that comes along with it.
Bonus: Another cherry on the top is the funny video with the monkey masks. I just love them :D
So, relax, play the song and do nothing ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment