Friday, November 7, 2014

Heaven in a bun II

In continuation of our previous post, I'll tell you about three more of the Turkish food I enjoyed ^_^

4. Kofte (or we Arabs know it kofta :D)

It's a trade mark of them, the famous Turkish Kofte. What makes it unique is that it's made of lamb not beef as we make it. The lamb is good, but it makes it way more "rich", I mean it makes you feel like you've eaten three meals in one :D


I've had this lamb kofte twice and both times we were blessed with amazing views <3 First time we were in Bursa in a restaurant at the base of Uludag mountain which is famous as a skiing site. The restaurant is built around this ancient tree that ages back to almost 800 years ago with huge branches that can reach 5 meters in diameter and 25 meters in length. It was such an amazing experience especially when we just got back from a breathtaking cable-way trip :D



The second time was even better than the first! We were in Maşukiye city which is famous for it's amazing natural scenery. The restaurant's name was Vadi restaurant, set in the middle of the jungle with a little waterfall there as well. The trees were variations of red, yellow, brown and green. Along with the kofte we had grilled cheese and grilled mushrooms. I can't describe this meal with anything less that perfect!! It was one of the best meals I've ever had. I would've died a happy girl at that moment ^_^




5. Simit and buns (from street vendors)

We saw these vendors a couple of times, but we only tried them on our last day when we were in Istiqlal street. My mum had the simit and we tried those buns. They're bread I know, but they tasted so yummy and they're very filling. Another great thing is that they're fresh and you know that their clean, just look at the vendor and the shape of his cart beleive me it's cleaner than some restaurants we have here :D


6. Turkish desserts

Another Turkish trade mark is their delights. We even went to a factory outlet and bought some. They have them in all those different flavors and shapes. We also got jelly colas, gummy bears, worms and something called cekeme halva which is sitting happily in the fridge :D




We had these most amazing lokma in buyukada that would make it impossible for me to eat the ones we make here in Egypt. They were so good, I could write a poem just describing their beauty and how they have my heart forever :')



I'm sure there are a lot more great Turkish food, but these were the ones I was lucky enough to try and hopefully I'll have another chance to try more ^_^


No comments:

Post a Comment