Monday, November 3, 2014

Song of the day

It's been a while since I last posted a song, so here's another one!

Little talks


Artist: Of Monsters and Men
Album: My Head Is an Animal
Genre: Indie pop, indie folk
Release date: December, 2011
About the song: Little talks is the debut song for the Icelandic band from their debut album. It was written by band members Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir and Ragnar Þórhallsson, Nanna said the song was inspired by an old house she moved into. It's about two lovers talking to each other and one of them is dead.
Yesterday when I was at the bookstore, the song was playing and I instantly recognized it. I really can't remember how I know the song and have been racking my brain and still can't remember. But anyway I'm glad I know it cause it's a great one, makes you feel energetic :D
Music video: The music video was released on Youtube  on February, 2012. It tells a tale of sky sailors who meet a strange, yet beautiful, female creatures who journeys with them defeating enemies that block their way. I find the video interesting and different, I like bands who go for different and unique ideas in their music videos.



Recognition: The song has topped the charts in the UK ranking 12th on the list and re-entering in 2013.It has also reached number 20 in the Billboard Hot 100 chart. The music video was nominated for best art direction in a video in the 2012 MTV awards. 

No comments:

Post a Comment