Sunday, November 16, 2014

My Top Favorite 40 Anime Endings (IV)

        Here's the fourth and the final post of my top favorite 40 anime endings. Today I'll be listing the endings from 10 to 1. The order in today's list means nothing. I like all these endings almost the same. You'll notice two things in this post: I'll repeat the word nostalgic a lot and I can't help it, and the 90s will rule in the list. So let's begin the countdown!

10) "Yuki no Tsubasa" by redballoon - Gintama Ending no. 3



       This is my first favorite Gintama Ending. I used to watch Gintama during the final exams weeks, and it was my favorite time of the day. I remember how I loved this ending so much and didn't want it to end. I, absolutely like the song, it made me feel relaxed, and now it makes me feel nostalgic.

09) "Memories" by Maki Otsuki - One Piece Ending no.1



       I will not comment on the outstanding graphics. XD Anyway, the song for the ending is  called Memories, and I'd say it's aptly named. It reminds me of the early One Piece, the nights when I'd watch it and keep watching till dawn. It reminds me of the end of the Alabasta arc, it reminds me of too many things. Listening to it certainly feels nostalgic. Also, the song itself is good anyway

08) "Heart of Sword - Yoake Mae" by T.M. Revolution - Rurouni Kenshin Ending no.3



      That Ending was my absolute favorite 10 years ago. Now, when i watch it I laugh at the animation, I don't know but they look weird and specially Megumi. Anyway, I still like it for what it means to me, and for the awesome song!

07) "Kirameku Toki ni Torawarete (煌めく瞬間に捕らわれて)" by Manish - Slam Dunk Ending no.3




         I don't know what is it about Slam Dunk endings that makes me feel painfully nostalgic. May be it's because the picture looks old, or maybe because it's night in the ending, and maybe because that was my absolute favorite childhood anime and one that influenced me. I don't know, anyway, I like the idea of this ending. I like how we see the belongings of the Shohoku team members, thought it feels kind of lonley, I don't know why. XD I love the singer's voice and the song itself. The beginning may seem normal, but  the chorus is perfectly amazing!!

06) "Anata Dake Mitsumete'ru (あなただけ見つめてる)" by Ooguro Maki - Slam Dunk Ending no.1



        I can repeat almost every word I said about the previous ending, and say it about this one, except the song overall is good and not especially the chorus!

05) "Utsukushiki Zankoku na Sekai (美しき残酷な世界)" by Yoko Hikasa - Shingeki no Kyojin Ending no.1



        The SONG!! It's perfect!! The voice, the music, the tune, everything!! The animation goes perfectly with it. Its a very good ending, though it reminds me of the creepiest thing about Mikasa and Eren. XD

04) "Sekai ga Owaru Made Wa (世界が終るまでは...)" by WANDS - Slam Dunk Ending no.2



       I said about the other two Slam Dunk endings that they make me feel painfully nostalgic, and this one is no different. It possibly makes me feel so even more. I love that it features Sakuragi with his friends in the beginning. I like those guys!! <3 The part with Sakuragi walking alone dribbling the ball feels kind of lonely. The last part in the ending is significant,  I remember it clearly from 11 years ago, after the game with Shoyo. <3

03) "1/3 no Junjou na Kanjou (1/3 pure heart emotion)" by Siam Shade - Rurouni Kenshin Ending no.6



        I've known this ending for like 10 years, and I liked it. I loved the song and the singer's voice which for 7 years I thought was a woman, and then I had my big shock. I would have never believed it's a guy until I've seen him singing it with my eyes. I watched a live video for the band singing it, and yes it was a guy. I still can't imagine in my head a guy singing the song when I hear it. This ending is good and I think it might be the best Rurouni Kenshin ending in terms of animation. The animation is good and it goes well with the song. 

02) "∞ Loop (∞ループ)" by heidi - Kaichou wa maid sama Ending no.2



      I like Shoujo anime but they can never be my favorite. I liked Kaichou wa maid-sama but it was not even my favorite shoujo anime. So, for its ending to come this far in the list then the song must be something extraordinary, and for me, yes it is!! When I had my brother listen to the song, he said " You know when you hear a song and you get the impression that the singer was happy singing it?" and yes, that's how I exactly feel! The chorus makes me wanna jump and dance! I don't know if he was really happy, but I feel happy when I listen to it and that's all that matters. :D

01) "Tactics" by The Yellow Monkey - Rurouni Kenshin Ending no.1




      Tactics was the very first Japanese song I hear. It was also the very first Japanese song I like! That was about 10 years ago when I heard it in the end of Rurouni Kenshin. I didn't know back then that endings change and I was completely let down when it did. I hated the next one with a passion. When I re-watched Rurouni Kenshin a few months ago, I still liked this ending the best. The song is marvelous, and the singer's voice suits it. The full version has this brilliant electric guitar solo. I, also, like the art and the colors in it.


      Here are a couple of honorary mentions, and like I said before honorary mentions here don't mean what they usually mean. They are endings that I forgot about and they are no less favorite than the endings on the list.

*"My Friend (マイフレンド)" by Zard - Slam Dunk Ending no. 4



Since, the three other Slam Dunk Endings are here in the list, so I thought I shouldn't leave this one out, since it's very good. It's just that I couldn't remember it from last time I watched it.

"The Real Folk Blues" by The Seatbelts feat. Mai Yamane - Cowboy Bebop Ending



     I completely forgot about this one when I was making the list. It deserves to be there. The song is very good, and  I like the singer's voice. Also, the animation, the colors and the atmosphere go well with the song.

*"Kiss ~ Kaerimichi no Love Song" by Tegomass - Lovely Complex Ending no.1


* "BON BON" by Hey! Say! 7 -  Lovely Complex Ending no.2


      Here's another anime that I completely forgot about and it had two really good endings. The first one is very nice generally, I like the song and the idea. As for the second one, you know the part when they say "Bon bon bon..." ? That's why it's here! XD

     That was all! It was fun listing my favorite endings, and ordering them was exhausting, but it's okay, since the list won't change for a long time to come.

Well then, see you in another post! For the complete list, click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment