Saturday, November 8, 2014

Movie of the day


Movie: Inception
Genre: Sci-fi, action, thriller
Starring: Leonardo DiCaprio, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Ellen Page, Tom Hardy, Ken Watanabe, Dileep Rao
Release date: July, 2010
IMDB rating: 8.8/10
Rotten tomatoes rating: 86%
Plot: Cobb is a thief, but in a very unique way. He steals ideas from people's minds by invading their dreams and entering their subconscious. When his game fire backs at him ruining his life and driving him away from home, he tries to find a way to get to what's left of his life.
Cobb seeks Saito to do a job for him in return of a ticket home, but having the problem he created himself, he can't do it alone. We watch as Cobb assembles an A-team for that last mission and prefect together a flawless and very tricky plan.


My review: I love movies that challenge me! I enjoy the journey to unravel the plot and definitely enjoy explaining that to whoever asks :D

Frankly I was mind-blown by the movie that first time. It stuck with me for a couple of days and left me thinking. Years later I found it on TV and wasn't planning on watching, but I ended up watching anyway. True that I still remembered the main idea, but I had no memory of the details and so I enjoyed it very much.
The amount of work put into this movie pays off for me, starting with the great cast, cinematic and of course music! That Edith Piaf song increased the movie's sophistication level at least 10 points :D The whole atmosphere of the movie is great and if there were any mistakes I'm glad I missed them :D

Admirable graphics work!
I just love this fight scene! Brilliant!

Inception has aroused some of the most chaotic, yet very constructive reviews. They range from describing it as a master piece, to saying Christopher Nolan has created another crazy movie that aspires for things it can't even dream of achieving. When I read those discussions I find myself agreeing with some points from both sides, but it doesn't mean I like the movie any less, and I guess a movie proves its success when three years later people still discuss it whether they find it good or not.

I really like the totems idea :D

Finally, in response to those who say that with multiple viewings it loses the glamour, I tell them give it time don't watch it every 5 months or something, when you watch all different sorts of things and come back to it you'll feel that it deserves that spot in the top 250 movies on IMDB.


My rating: 8.8/10 Yes I tie with IMDB what a surprise!

Bonus: I found this cool chart explaining the levels of dreams within the movie, so check them when you're done ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment