Tuesday, November 11, 2014

My Top Favorite 50 Anime Openings (V)

          So, here we are! Finally, the top 10! Since, they made it here, so I should have like him so much, and naturally it 'd be harder for me to rank them. So, let's just say, that I do like the ones from 15 - 1 better than the rest. :D

10)"Tougenkyou Alien (桃源郷エイリアン)" by serial TV drama - Gintama Opening theme no.9


            I like opening themes that truly expresses the anime, and this one doesn't just do that; it define Gintama! The crazy, comical atmosphere and all the characters, literally! The song is weird and good all the same! (The full version is awesome!) Also, Kamui and Abuto are looking so cool here! XD It's a very good opening theme. It was the first one, after Gintama's return and it was worthy of that!

9) "INNOCENT SORROW" by abingdon boys school - D.Gray-man Opening theme no. 1


             I have two things to say about this opening: the beginning (especially the part when the D.Gray-man logo appears) and the keyboard music that starts near the end ! 

8) "½" by Makoto Kawamoto - Rurouni Kenshin Opening no. 2



            New Kyoto!! You see the part when she starts saying "kawaribanko de PEDARU wo koide ...", you hear the beat that starts with it? and that flashing? and Shishio's folk? That's cool! And you see Hajime Saitou later there? Well, he's cool, and that has absolutely nothing to do with the opening! XD .....I Just love this opening so much! 

7) "Pray" by Tommy heavenly6 - Gintama Opening theme no. 1



I noticed that most of the time I prefer the first opening theme for anime. May be that has mostly to do with the memories, and the facts that it's what started it. Apart from the fact that the song here is so good and the chorus is awesome, I think that was the case with this opening. 

6) "the WORLD" by Nightmare - Death Note Opening theme no. 1



            Death Note might be one of my least favorite anime, but that opening theme is something different. The song is perfect. The animation is perfect. They go well together and it makes the anime feel so cool! It gives you those dark vibes!

5) "Kimi ga Suki da to Sakebitai" by BAAD - Slam Dunk Opening theme no. 1


             Dear old 90s! You were awesome! Another brilliant 90s anime with a brilliant opening theme that brings you these good irreplaceable memories! When I first heard the song, it was not exactly it. I heard the Arabic version, which has completely different lyrics, when I was watching Slam Dunk on Spacetoon (Arabic animation channel), and I got used to it. Much later, when I heard the Japanese version, it felt weird. The Arabic singers' voice was much tougher, so the Japanese felt thin and weird. However, later on when I got used to it, the Arabic version started to sound too rough :D. Naturally, my favorite part is the chorus, especially its start "Kimi ga suki da to sakebitai ... Ashita wo kaete miyou". My brother is rather specific here; he likes the "Ashita wo kaete miyou" the best XD

4) "Guren no Yumiya (紅蓮の弓矢)" by Linked Horizon - Shingeki no Kyojin Opening theme no.1



             This is one opening theme that I'd never skip whatever it is I've been dying to see; and you see the part with "Shikabane fumikoete  susumu ishi wo  warau buta yo", Brilliant!!

3) "Uragiri no Yuuyake (裏切りの夕焼け; Sunset of Betrayal)" by Theatre Brook - Durarara!! Opening theme no.1


            First I'd like to note that I dropped Durarara!! at episode 3. I'm not saying it's a bad anime, but it might be not exactly my type. I was thinking I might give it another try one day. Though I dropped it I couldn't forget about one perfectly awesome opening theme! The magnificent song, the way the characters are introduced, the colors, the animation... how can something be so good?!

2) "Again" by YUI - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Opening theme no. 1



             Yui's voice sounds young, but it's kind of captivating, and in this specific song, she's brilliant! Again is the only Fullmetal Alchemist: brotherhood that grabbed my attention and like. I suppose it's the only one, because it was the first one,and nothing can possibly match something so good as this. I don't need to stress on how well the song and the animation go together. 

1) "Kiss of Monochrome" by SID - Kuroshitsuji (Black Butler) Opening theme no. 1 Version 2


             Here's an opening theme that I liked to watch even more the anime itself! XD Black Butler is a fine anime, but not the best. I enjoyed watching it but I don't think I'd place it in my top 15, don't know about 20. However, that opening theme is something different! I looked forward to watching it, even more than the anime. The song itself is brillaint! One of my all time favorites, indeed! The splendid chorus, and the guitar right before it starts! Amazing!! 

          And that was all! My top favorite 50 anime Opening! I have a couple of honorary mentions. I know that this means that they were so close to getting into the 50 but they didn't make it. However, that's not the case here. It's just that I've forgot about them and realized it after finishing the list. I did't feel like messing it up so I decided to just mention them later. So, they could have been anywhere on the list.

*We Go! by Hiroshi Kitadani - One Piece Opening theme no. 15


          I don't know how I could forget about it. However, here it is! Kicking off to the new world! :D

*We Are Remix by TVXQ - One Piece Opening no. 10


          I usually don't like remixes, but this one was so good, and I absolutely loved the video for this opening. It brought back memories, and everyone one looked so cool in it! :D

-"zero" by Ikuta Aiko - Glass no kamen (2005) Opening 2 


          It's a good combination: song and animation. I like how everything is connected.

For the complete list of my top 50 anime openings, Click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment