Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Movie of the day


Movie: R.I.P.D.
Genre: Comedy, action
Starring: Ryan Reynolds, Jeff Bridges, Kevin Bacon, Marie-Louise Parker, Stephanie Szostak
Release date: July, 2013
IMDB rating: 5.6/10
Rotten tomatoes rating: 13%
Plot: After a shocking betrayal, Nick was murdered at the hands of his friend and partner Hayes. To his surprise Nick doesn't go to Hell or Heaven either, but he is recruited as "cop" of the Rest In Peace Department, which is responsible for maintaining balance between the dead and the living by chasing after "deados" who try to extend their stay on Earth even after their death.
We follow Nick as he tries to make sense of the craziness around him and come to terms with the fact that he can't be with his wife anymore.
What I think: Every now and then you have to watch a "not so good" movie to appreciate the good ones. RIPD wasn't bad, but definitely not the best.
I found the movie downloaded on my tablet and decided to watch it in bed when I wasn't feeling so well. It did the job, I was entertained and forgot about my piercing headache :D
I can't say I liked any character, I found them bland and simple. There was no depth to it although it was themed on Nick and Julia's love. I think maybe I liked Hayes, yes the bad guy, I've always appreciated Kevin Bacon :D


I absolutely hated Jeff Bridges' character with passion, I know it's the "fun" character, our comic relief, but I just couldn't stand him or his incredibly heavy southern accent that made me miss almost half of his dialogue.


Their disguises as a short Asian and a blond model was racial, but I guess they thought it was funny! I'll let it pass, but I don't think it was a smart move.


Finally, I think people were a little harsh on the movie, you really shouldn't try comparing anything to Men In Black! It was surrounded with so much hate and negative reviews, that made feel a little sorry for it. It was just a movie to watch to relax a bit and change your mood, nothing more to it.
My rating: 6.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment