Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Anime character of the day (14)

Since I talked about Risa before, I just can't leave her other half :D

Character: Atsushi Otani
Anime: Lovely complex
Age: 15
Role: Main character
About the character: Unlike Risa, Otani is shorter than most boys. He didn't really have a problem with that until his girlfriend Mayu Kanzaki broke up with him to go out with a tall boy. He had some insecurities, so he had a deal with Risa to help him with a girl he likes. He is a basketball player for the school's team and despite his height he does his best and plays pretty well (that's the impression I got from the anime though we haven't seen him play enough times :D).



What's special about him: Otani makes up for his height issue by an arrogant behavior, he always threatens people he'll hit them or kill them or something of that sort. But deep inside he has a nice side and a kind heart. His love for Umibozu is obsessive and reminds me that it's fine to have an obsession as long as I don't go as far as he does XD Let's not forget when he puts that pin in his hair when he's playing basketball, I just don't get why Japanese guys do that. Simply weird.


His relationship with Risa is fun and enjoyable ^_^ Sometimes he annoys me when he refuses to see the obvious, but I guess it's there to prolong the drama. He also has the sweetest gestures even when he doesn't mean to.


No comments:

Post a Comment