Thursday, September 25, 2014

J-Drama of the Week (4)



JDrama: My Girl
Genre: Family, Drama
Episodes: 10
Network: TV Asahi

        My Girl is an adaptation of a seinen manga that goes by the same name. I am not sure if it follows the manga though, since I haven't read it. My Girl is about the 23 year old Masamune. It starts with the death of his girlfriend from high school, who was 4 years older than him. That girlfriend had left him suddenly 6 years before and went abroad. Masamune never knew why until after she died, when he met the little girl in the park. She got pregnant and Masamune was too young. So, she left as not to trouble him with the burden. However, now she' dead and her child Koharu is back in Japan. It seemed that Koharu's only consolation to her mother's death was meeting Masamune-kun, whom her mother cared for so much. That's when Masamune decides that he's raising Koharu. Throughout the drama, Masamune faces all kinds of difficulties, while trying to adapt to the new situation; difficulties which he overcomes one by one. There's also his dream of being a photographer.




 My Girl was an enjoyable watch for many reasons:
-Aiba Masaki's acting was good. Little Koharu was very cute.
-The characters were likeable.
-Watching how the relations between Koharu and Masamune's parents, the landlord, Masamune and his both, and the people they meet every day, it was all heartwarming. 
-It was sweet watching them, facing problems that they overcome together, in their everyday life.
-One Thing I, especially, liked about my girl is the soundtrack. The main theme is called "My Girl" by Arashi and it's my favorite Arashi song. The music that played within the episodes was lovely!







       My girl is a heartwarming drama. If I were to describe it in one word I'd say sweet. That's how it was. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment