Thursday, September 4, 2014

Song of the Day (14)



Song: Tsunaida Te ni Kiss wo (Hands sealed with a kiss)
Singer: Sanae Kobayashi
Album: D.Gray-man OST 3

             Tsunaida Te ni Kiss wo is a song from the anime D.Gray-man. We first hear its piano instrumental version in episode 92. It's played by the millennium Earl first, then it's played by Allen Walker at the end of the episode. Episode 93 "Melody" begins with Allen playing the music on the piano accompanied by the song. The singer Sanae Kobayashi is, actually, Allen's seiyu (voice actress). I liked her performance with Allen's voice, but I liked her even more when I heard her singing voice. It's very soothing and lovely.


             The lyrics of the song itself seem to be a prayer for a little infant, that's how much I got from the lyrics. However, in the anime the song was supposed to be the key to controlling Noah's Ark. Allen played it in order to get the fading ark and his friends, who disappeared with it, back. As the song plays the ark starts to come back and everyone returns. It feels peaceful, and so does the song. The calm voice of Kobayashi along with the peaceful music, and the joy of watching everyone return, made a perfect D.Gray-man moment.   
            I still remember how much I was charmed by the song the first time I heard it, 2 years ago. I listen to it once in a while when I am in the mood for listening to something soothing.             

No comments:

Post a Comment