Friday, September 5, 2014

Song of the day (15)

Radioactive


Artist: Imagine dragons
Album: Night visions
Genre: Alternative rock, electronic rock
Release date: October, 2012
About the song: Radioactive was written by the band with their producer as a story of awakening and having a fresh new start. It is their most successful single to date. It has been on the Billboard Hot 100 chart for 87 weeks and has reached top places in Australia, Canada, UK and New Zealand.
The first time I heard the song was on an episode of Arrow and I liked it, but then my cousin drew my attention to it and I was hooked. Another day I was home and found my brother listening to it and it turns out they've been playing it in Sony's E3 press conference. Once again I heard it playing along with the ending credits of the movie "The host", so it was official the song is phenomenal and obviously loved worldwide. I even downloaded it on my tablet for the game "The voice" and had three chairs turn for me \o/ :D


The music video is funny and weird at first, but the second time I watched it I began to form an idea with the lyrics and the people's comments. These puppets represent people under control of a tyrant and how he uses them for his entertainment, then they find the strength within themselves and decide to free their power and rise from the ashes to a revolution and a new beginning. Thinking of it that way makes it kind of cool, they proved a depressing situation through pleasant beings as puppets :D


Bonus: The song has won a Grammy for best rock performance and was nominated for record of the year.
In the end I'm just glad the song introduced me to the band because their good.

No comments:

Post a Comment