Monday, September 29, 2014

Song of the day (20)



Song: Don't Stop (Color on the Walls)
Artist: Foster the People
Album: Torches
Year: 2012
Genre: Indie Pop

         Don't Stop was the Fourth single from Foster the people's debut album torch. This one of the very few albums I knew of as soon as they were released, by coincidence of course. I am not in the habit of following the news of bands, and the release dates of their albums. I'd listen to a song when someone recommends it, or when I hear it somewhere or as a soundtrack in a movie or a TV show. Torches has been recommended to me by my brother. I liked many songs in the album, among which was Don't Stop. I used to listen to it mostly, in my 2nd semester of my 2nd year in college. It was my worst semester by the way… bad memories or maybe good, for I shall remember those days and bid them farewell, whole heartedly! Any way within this crappy (excuse the language, it's not my habit to curse but…) semester, there were 2 enjoyable courses; one of them was 20th century architecture or Contemporary architecture… I forgot! -_- Anyway, the course ends with a project, a video featuring a contemporary building of our choice, in Egypt. Our chosen building was a bit far away in a desert road. We kind of got lost, on our way there, and took wrong turns and things like that. We were in Hend's car, five of us. I was listening to Foster the People back then, and Don't stop seemed so familiar! I heard the song somewhere! So, I had everyone listen to it and tell me if it sounded familiar. They said it did. They told me it should've been in a commercial, possibly green tea or something. We were satisfied with this conclusion. Up to, well, a few moments ago I was almost definite that song was on a Lipton green tea TV commercial. However, it turns out that it was a Nissan's commercial! It was a commercial, anyway, and that's all that matters. I liked that day, and I liked that project...one of the few things I felt proud of and enjoyed working on. Also, I think that was Summar's first time trying Chinese food? Yes, I think I t was that day. I got sauce on my shirt back then, because of the stupid sample! -_- (Again, it's not my habit to curse, but stupid doesn't really count)


The Nissan Versa commercial
with Don't Stop!
Now, that I think about it.. It doesn't look
familiar. May be it wasn't that after all! 










        All that talk has barely anything to do with the song. I know, however part of why this blog exists is to document those, completely, unimportant memories, so bear with me. As for Don't Stop itself, the song was used for the previously mentioned TV commercial, a movie and a video game. Mark Foster , the lead singer, used to write jingles for adds, so Foster the people's songs usually turn out suitable for those kind of things. The song is about how the world would if it were ruled by a 4-year old. However the video clip is completely unrelated. It's kind of weird like all their videos. In the video some girl is having her driving test and her examiner turns out to be a con man, and they run away from the police while fighting over the wheel. The band members are actors in the video. I like the song, not my Foster the people's favorite but I like it. And, generally speaking Foster the people are cool. Their songs are different and enjoyable to listen to. That's all folks!

The kind of weird Video ... the fighting part! That's Mark Foster
on the left by the way, He plays the con man.

No comments:

Post a Comment